UK's leading provider of diabetes care: London Diabetes Centre
London Medical began life as a Diabetes Clinic, and has been the preferred provider for thousands of patients for more than 25 years. It specialises in the support and management of all types of diabetes for adults and children.
Our vision is simple: comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic excellence in one centre. This vision can be seen through the clinic; the experienced Consultants, Dietitians, and Specialist Nurses, the state-of-the-art facilities for the assessment and treatment of diabetic eye disease, cardiovascular health, impotence, nerve damage and kidney disease.
We’re passionate about improving blood sugar control and abolishing hypoglycaemia. With these objectives, we encourage our patients to learn from our carbohydrate counting courses, and use wireless advanced technology to help improve control and delay complications.
We care for both the physical and psychological aspects associated with diabetes through a multidisciplinary team approach – who each believe in a holistic approach to patient care, and in the benefits of education and support. For more information visit our London Diabetes Centre website.
- Screening for MODY, a rare genetic form of diabetes
- Preventative management for pre-diabetes, including weight management and exercise counselling
- Advice on blood sugar monitors and use of downloading analysis
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring – Medtronic,™ Navigator™ and Dexcom™
- Education on carbohydrate counting and management of diabetes
- Specialist diabetes Dietitians
- Clinical Psychologists
- Podiatrist and access to orthotics, for foot ulcer management
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, by miniature radial artery tonometry, including cASP
- Carotid intima media study and lower limb arterial doppler examination
- Emergency diabetes – immediate Consultant care for acute decompensated diabetes
- Expertise in the management of all insulin pumps
- Fundus retinal photography with Ophthalmologist report
- Oral glucose tolerance testing for diagnosis of diabetes and prediabetes
- Exercise and resting echocardiography
- Freestyle Libre and Diabetes Care Plans
- Impotence diagnosis and treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr Rakesh Amin
Rakesh is educational lead for endocrinology and diabetes at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Dr David Cavan
Intensive management of type 1 diabetes, insulin pump therapy, lifestyle management and reversal of type 2 diabetes,...
Spotlight on our specialist phlebotomist and healthcare assistant Melissa Ferreira Hello, my name is Melissa, and I am a specialist phlebotomist and healthcare assistant (HCA)…
Spotlight on paediatric endocrinology by Dr Helen Spoudeas Hello, I am Dr Spoudeas, and I’m a fully trained general paeditrician who has sub-specialised in paediatric…
A cure for type 1 diabetes? by Professor Stephen Greene When meeting a young person and their family for the first time after their diabetes…