Together with our established international reputation as the specialist clinic for the accurate assessment of cardiovascular risk, London Medical provides world-class expertise in general cardiology including the assessment and treatment of coronary artery disease, cardiac rehabilitation, valve disease with abnormalities, high blood pressure and heart failure.
Patients with symptoms due to established or suspected coronary artery problems are referred to a cardiologist at London Medical for a specialist opinion, as are patients who may be free of symptoms but at high cardiovascular risk.
We test non-invasively for coronary artery disease. Positive results, even in asymptomatic individuals, need to have further evaluation with myocardial perfusion scanning or stress echocardiograms. If intervention is required, this is arranged and patients followed up regularly in our cardiac clinic.
Both high blood pressure and diabetes are strongly related to the onset of heart failure with age. There are full on-site blood test assessments as well as a comprehensive suite of cardiac services.
- Exercise and resting ECG
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- 24 area radial tonometry ambulatory blood pressure monitoring with Echocardiography
- Carotid duplex scanning including carotid IMT measurements
- Peripheral vascular ultrasound
- Overnight pulse oximetry and
- Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy testing
- Full heart disease risk assessment facilities