10 signs you might need to see an ophthalmologist
Why see an ophthalmologist?
The health of your eyes, both now and in the long term, is too important to leave to chance. At London Medical, our team of leading specialists provides a dedicated service, using the very latest techniques and technology to diagnose and treat all kinds of eye diseases and disorders.
If you experience any of the following warning-signs, we’d strongly advise you to make an appointment with one of our eye health specialists:
- Recurrent or sudden pain in or around the eye
- Hazy, blurred, or double vision
- Seeing flashes of light or sudden bright floating spots
- Seeing rainbows or halos around lights
- Seeing floating “spider webs”
- Seeing a “curtain coming down” over one eye
- Sensing a “cup filling up with ink” in one eye
- Unusual, even painful, sensitivity to light or glare
- Changes in the colour of the iris
- White areas in the pupil of the eye
- Sudden development of persistent floaters
- Any sudden change in vision