London Medical’s Cardiology Clinic provides the most up-to-date investigative cardiac procedures for patients with heart problems – and some of the UK’s most renowned cardiologists hold clinics here for all aspects of heart disease.
These clinics are supported by our team of experienced and dedicated cardiac nurses, ultrasound specialists, and physiology technicians, who carry out non-invasive cardiac procedures. These range from routine ECG recording, to treadmill exercise stress tests, echocardiography, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring using the latest technology, and miniaturised ambulatory ECG recorders.
Immediate bedside testing services include:
- Bedside troponin T blood test to exclude heart attack
- Bedside brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) measurement to diagnose and monitor heart failure
- Bedside D-dimer measurement to help diagnose blood clots and pulmonary embolism
- Blood clot monitoring for patients taking anticoagulant medicines, such as Warfarin.
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring using a wristwatch-sized device, including cASP.
- 24 hrs to 28 days ECG monitoring
- 12 lead resting ECGs
- Exercise ECGs
- Echocardiography: full trans-thoracic cardiovascular ultrasound examinations available
- Full lipid profile and risk factor assessments
- Advanced lipid markers including lipoprotein subfractionation and particle numbers
- Carotid ultrasound intima media measurements for early detection and monitoring of arteriosclerosis