The body’s endocrine system is complex. There are a number of components, and a number of ways each one might fail to work as expected.
For example, you might not produce enough of one hormone, or too much of another; your body may produce the right amount of a hormone, but not know where to send it. Understanding this system and its variables, and knowing how to counteract or prevent these issues arising is the job of the endocrinologist.
London Medical are pleased to have a team of passionate, dedicated, and expert endocrinologists, each striving to develop the field, and provide patients with the highest levels of care and service.
Paediatric & Adolescent Endocrinology
Our centre also provides continuity of endocrine care, supporting patients from infancy to young adulthood. This continuity of treatment facilitates age appropriate care and smooth transition for those patients with chronic conditions. All tests available in the centre are carried out in an age appropriate setting.
We treat a huge number of hormonal conditions – such as:
- Turner’s syndrome
- adrenal disorders (such as Addison’s disease and Cushing’s syndrome)
- reproductive and infertility problems
- high prolactin
- all thyroid and parathyroid disorders.
- erectile dysfunction and hypogonadism
- manifestations of the polycystic ovarian syndrome
- the management and assessment of thyroid nodules
- the menopause
- growth disorders
Pediatric and adolescent services
- Disorders of growth and puberty, including tall and short stature, and disorders of weight and menstrual rhythm
- Disorders of sexual differentiation
- Turner’s syndrome and other short stature skeletal dysplasias
- Adrenal disorders
- Thyroid disease including congenital hypothyroidism
- Neuroendocrine and pituitary related tumours
- Endocrine effects of chronic disease and patients on steroids
- Late effects of childhood cancer therapies
- Assessment of reproductive capacity
- Reduced bone mineralisation
- Thyroid ultrasound and thyroid fine needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodule
- Insulin stress testing
- Glucagon stimulation test
- Dexamethasone suppression tests
- Thyroid function tests
- Pituitary releasing hormone tests
- Synacthen stimulation test
- Impotence profile
- Menopause profile
- Reproductive endocrinology, including ovulation induction
- Osteoporosis markers and bone density
- Day curves of different hormones
- Water deprivation test