A comprehensive range of treatments and services
Huge advances in the understanding of HIV can now enable people with the virus to manage it successfully and lead healthy lives. Our expert team offers a comprehensive range of treatments and services for anyone with HIV or wishing to prevent it.
HIV is a virus which can be contracted when fluid affected with HIV comes into contact with someone who is not – usually via a mucous membrane, damaged tissue, or directly into the bloodstream.
The virus targets the body’s T-cells, which makes the immune system less effective at targeting infections and diseases. While HIV is something that will be present in the body for life once it’s there, it is possible to take steps to minimise the risk of HIV, and to manage the virus in the event that it is contracted.
London Medical offers a comprehensive range of treatments, services, and management options for anyone with HIV, or for anyone who wishes to prevent it.
- CD4 and HIV viral load monitoring
- Anti-retroviral therapy initiation and maintenance
- Conception advice for HIV discordant couples
- Conception and contraception advice for HIV positive women
- Management of HIV in pregnancy
- Dietary advice
- Psychological support
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Referral to risk reduction therapy
- Finger prick ‘Instant’ tests and laboratory blood tests
World Obesity Day, a message from our CEO, Tony Graff: Weight management is certainly topical given the last year we have all endured and given…
World Diabetes Day A Message from Dr. Ralph Abraham Read the full article here
Thinking aloud: Dr Ralph Abraham The founder of London Medical and the London Diabetes Centre shares his thoughts Read the full article here