Dr Sunit Godambe
MBBS; MD (Paediatrics); DCH (India); MRCP; FRCPCH
Specialties at a glance
Dr Sunit Godambe is an esteemed consultant neonatologist and paediatrician based at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Hospital, St Mary’s Hospital and Queen Charlotte & Chelsea Hospital. His private practice is based at The Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth, St John’s Wood; Lindo Wing, St Mary’s Hospital; and the London Medical, Marylebone High Street.
Dr Godambe specialises in neonatology, neonatal medicine, general paediatrics, perinatal medicine counselling, as well as the care of newborns and premature infants. Specialities Include:
- Neonatal medicine
- Care of premature and small of gestational age infants
- Growth and developmental assessment of infants and developmental delay
- Infant feeding, failure to thrive and gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Respiratory illnesses including croup, bronchiolitis, chest infection, ear infections, viral-induced wheeze, hyper-reactive airway disease, and childhood asthma
- Gastrointestinal illnesses including acute viral and bacterial gastroenteritis, abdominal colic, gastro-oesophageal reflux, cow’s milk protein intolerance and allergy, lactose intolerance, abdominal pain and constipation
- Infantile eczema and cradle cap
- Breath-holding spells and reflex anoxic seizures
- Management of umbilical granulomas
- Childhood and travel immunisations
About Dr Sunit Godambe
Dr Sunit Godambe is a Consultant Neonatologist and Paediatrician at Imperial College Healthcare NHS, specialising in Paediatrics and Neonatology. His interests include care of newborns and dealing with problems in children in early years of life. He has special interest in weaning, advising on diet and assessing growth and development of infants born small for dates or premature.
Dr Godambe graduated and completed his postgraduate training in paediatrics in India, moving to the UK in 1995 to undertake postgraduate training in the field of neonatology. He was awarded the MRCPCH in 1997 and FRCPCH in 2010. He travelled to Toronto, Canada in 2003 for a year to do a perinatal fellowship at the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto. He was appointed as Consultant Neonatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust in 2005. In addition to being a consultant, he also is the Divisional Director for Clinical Governance for women, children and clinical services division at the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. He has been on Appointments Advisory Committee of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and teaches on the NLS courses across the country as a Neonatal Life Support Instructor
To book an appointment with Dr Sunit Godambe, please contact his secretary Lucy Loubin preferably by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp Lucy on 07470 152921
Dr Sunit Godambe is happy to arrange a telephone or video consultations on Saturdays. Please contact Lucy Loubin to arrange.
Dr Sunit Godambe speaks English, Marathi, Gujarati & Hindi
NHS and Academic Posts
Dr Godambe was appointed as a neonatal consultant and honorary senior lecturer at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, St Mary’s Hospital and Queen Charlotte & Chelsea Hospital in 2005.
Articles & Videos
Alongside his clinical work, Dr Godambe has published many articles in peer-reviewed medical journals, and has presented his work at numerous national and international meetings and conferences.
- J. Hatcher, S. Godambe, H. Lyall, L. Tyszczuk, F. Stubbs, N. Cummings, K. Sheils, C. Hughes, T. Kadhani, S. Atkin, N. Elaby, B. Pichon, B. Patel, E.T. Brannigan. Healthcare-worker-associated outbreak of PantoneValentine-leukocidin-producing meticillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus in a large neonatal unit in London: successful targeted suppression therapy following failure of mass suppression therapy. Journal of Hospital Infection 122 (2022), 148-156.
- Faraday C, Hamad S, Jones K, Sim K, Cherian S, James A, Godambe Sunit, New H, Kroll S, Clark P. Characteristics and incidence of transfusion-associated necrotizing enterocolitis in the UK. The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine 2020, Vol. 33, No 3, 398-403
- Banerjee J, Aloysius A, Mitchell K, Silva I, Rallis D, Godambe S, Deierl A. Improving infant outcomes through implementation of a family integrated care bundle including a parent supporting mobile application. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 2019;0:F1–F6. doi:10.1136/archdischild-2018-316435
- Elita Jauneikaite, Georgia Kapatai, Frances Davies, Ioana Gozar, Juliana Coelho, Kathleen B. Bamford, Benedetto Simone, Lipi Begum, Shannon Katiyo, Bharat Patel, Peter Hoffman, Theresa Lamagni, Eimear Brannigan, Alison Holmes, Tokozani Kadhani, Tracey Galletly, Kate Martin, Hermione Lyall, Yimmy Chow, Sunit Godambe, Victoria Chalker, Shiranee Sriskandan. Serial clustering of late onset group B streptococcal infections in the neonatal unit – a genomic re-evaluation of causality. Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar 2. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciy174
- Yinru Lim, Sunit Godambe. Prevention and management of procedural pain in the neonate: an update, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2016. Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 2017;102:254–256. doi:10.1136/archdischild-2016-311066
- Andrew J. McArdle, James Webbe, Kathleen Sim, Graham Parrish, Clive Hoggart, Yifei Wang, J. Simon Kroll, Sunit Godambe, Aubrey J. Cunnington. Determinants of Carboxyhemoglobin Levels and Relationship with Sepsis in a Retrospective Cohort of Preterm Neonates: PLOS ONE | DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0161784 August 23, 2016
- N Bhatnagar, L Nizery, H Richmond, K Perkins, A Kennedy, M Metzner, K Alford, J Bonnici, A Roy, M Anthony, R Blumberg, A Curley, M Gattens, S Godambe, I Gozar, C Halsey, J Ho, S Jaiswal, R Nicholl, A Norton, S Rasiah, A Skinner, A Thomas, S Uthaya, T Watts, C Garnett, E Louka, G Hall, P Vyas, I Roberts. Defining Transient Abnormal Myelopoiesis (TAM) and silent TAM in neonates with Down Syndrome: archdischild 2016;101(Suppl 1):A217
- Sundar Sathiyamurthy, Jayanta Banerjee, Sunit V Godambe. Antiseptic use in the neonatal intensive care unit – a dilemma in clinical practice: An evidence based review. World J Clin Pediatr 2016 May 8; 5(2): 159-171; ISSN 2219-2808 (online)
- Pooja N Patel, Jayanta Banerjee, Sunit V Godambe. Resuscitation of extremely preterm infants – controversies and current evidence. World J Clin Pediatr 2016 May 8; 5(2): 151-158; ISSN 2219-2808 (online)
- Hamad S, Jones K, Sim K, Cherian S, James A, Godambe S, New H, Kroll JS, Clarke P. UK Transfusion-associated necrotising enterocolitis cases identified through a multicentre audit. In: Selected Abstracts of the 1st Congress of joint European Neonatal Societies (jENS 2015); Budapest (Hungary); September 16-20, 2015; Session “Circulation, O2 Transport and Haematology”. J Pediatr Neonat Individual Med. 2015;4(2):e040207. doi: 10.7363/040207. Available at: http://www.jpnim.com / index.php/jpnim / article / download / 040207/277
- Kariholu U, Godambe S, Ajitsaria R, Cruwys M, Mat-Ali E, Elhadi N, Mancini A, Thomson M; on behalf of North-West London Perinatal Network. Perinatal network consensus guidelines on the resuscitation of extremely preterm infants born at <27 weeks’ gestation. Eur J Pediatr. 2011 Dec 16. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22205209
- Lashkari HP, Chow P, Godambe S. Aqueous 2% chlorhexidine-induced chemical burns in an extremely premature infant. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2012 Jan;97(1):F64. Epub 2011 Jul 11. No abstract available. PMID: 21746795 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Jean Egyepong, Amish Jain, Peter Chow, Sunit Godambe. Parenteral nutrition – ascites with acute renal failure as a complication from an umbilical venous catheter in an extremely low birth weight infant. BMJ Case Reports Published 1 January 2011;2011:published online 26 April 2011, doi:10.1136/bcr.02.2011.3813
- C Hateley, S Godambe, R Salter, P Chow. Neonatal attendance at paediatric accident and emergency department, is it preventable? ADC 95:A41 doi:10.1136/adc.2010.186338.90 [Abstrat].
- Sunit V Godambe, Parvez Boriana, Sigmund H Ein, Vibhuti Shah. An asymptomatic presentation of gastric outlet obstruction secondary to congenital antral web in an extremely preterm infant. BMJ Case Reports 2009:published online 14 December 2009, doi:10.1136/bcr.10.2009.2327.
- Blaise Murugu, Sunit Godambe. Continuing Care of Preterm infants. http://www.in-practice.co.uk/page_Continuing+Care+of+Preterm+Babies_id-469.html
- Amish Jain, Sunit V Godambe, Simon Clarke, Peter C M Chow. Unusually late presentation of lactobezoar leading to necrotising enterocolitis in an extremely low birthweight infant. BMJ Case Reports 2009 [doi:10.1136/bcr.03.2009.1708], published 26 July 2009.
- Loucas Christodoulou, Khalid Mannan, Peter Chow, Sunit V. Godambe. Portal venous gas as the first presenting radiological feature of impending fulminant NEC in ELBW infants – J Neonatal-Perinatal Med 2009 July; 2(2): 127-130.
- Ambalika De, Sunit Godambe. The Changing Face of special care facilities and practices. http://inpractice.ghstaging.co.uk/default.asp?id=329, www.Inpractice.co.uk
- S V Godambe, A Jain, P C M Chow, J Egyepong. Reduction of calculation Errors by Physicians using a simple computer-based Program. ADC 2008;93:pw546 (Abstract)
- Maulidi H, Godambe S, Chow P. Suspected drug reaction with piperacillin / tazobactam, in a premature infant. British J Clin Pharm 2008 Jun; 65(6): 971-2. Epub 2008 Feb 27.
- Sunit Godambe, Peter Chow. Assessment of the Newborn and Common Neonatal Problems. StratOG,http://www.stratog.net/content.aspx?PageID=76
- Mannan K, Chow P, Lissauer T, Godambe S. Mistaken Identityof Skin Cleansing solution leading to extensive chemical burns in an extremely preterm infant – Acta Paediatrica 2007; 96(10): 1536-7.
- Fulton R, Banerjee J, Chow P, Godambe S. Preoperative Airway Management in a Preterm with Bilateral Choanal Atresia – J Perinatol 2007 Aug; 27(8): 521-2.
- Gin P, Chow P, Haddad M, Godambe S. Delayed presentation of tracheomalacia in an infant with long-gap esophageal atresia and distal tracheoesophageal fistula and a right aortic arch. J Pediatr Surg 2006 Oct; 41(10): 1788-90.
- Godambe SV, Newby B, Shah V, Shah P. Effect of Indomethacin on Closure of Ductus Arteriosus in VLBW Neonates after Early Surfactant – Acta Paediatrica 2006 Nov; 95(11): 1389-93.
- Godambe SV, Ohlsson A, Shah V. Premedication for Endotracheal Intubation in Neonates or Premedicacion Para La Intubacion Endotraqueal En Neonatos. Soceidad Iberoamericana de Informacion Cientifca Dec’ 2004 – Review article, published on main page of www.siicsalud.com; (Section for Invited Experts) of SIIC on the internet in Spanish and English.
- Godambe SV, Rajguru M, McNamara P, Hellmann J Unusual neonatal presentation of incontinentia pigmenti with persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn: a case report. J Perinatol 2005 Apr; 25 (4): 289-92.
- Godambe SV, Shah P, Shah V. Breast Milk as a Source of Late Onset Neonatal Sepsis.Pediatr Infect Dis J 2005 April; 24(4): 381-2.
- Ravisha MS, Godambe SV. Ceftriaxone induced cholestasis in a neonate: a case report. Indian J Med Sci 2004 Feb; 58(2): 73-4.
- Godambe SV, Rawal J. Blueberry Muffin Rash as a Presentation of Alveolar Cell Rhabdomyosarcoma in a neonate. Acta Paediatrica 2000; 89(1): 115-9.
- Godambe SV, Sharief N.Type I diabetes, also known as insulin dependent diabetes mellitus or juvenile diabetes, is one of the disorders with a complex genetic basis.
Early Hum Dev 1999 Sep; 56(1): 83-4.
- Godambe SV, Sharief N. Acute Simultaneous Presentation of Diabetes Mellitus in Mother and Child.Early Human Development1999 Apr; 54(3): 295-296.
- Godambe SV, Udani RH, Malik S, Kandalkar BM. Hepatic profile in Asphyxia Neonatorum. Indian Paediatrics 1997; 34(10): 927-930.
- Godambe SV, Shah NJ. Coin Gift – A Potentially Fatal Custom.Indian Pediatr 1992 Jul; 29(7): 940-1.
- Godambe SV, Jaykar AV, Muzumdar H, Kandoth PW. HIV Related Immune Thrombocytopenia.Indian Pediatr 1994 Feb; 31(2): 204-7.
- Patkar D, Godambe SV. Role of MRI in Spinal Dysraphism.Bombay Hospital Journal 1992; 34.
- Godambe SV. Dissertation for the MD (Paediatrics) of University of Bombay on “Hepatic Profile in Birth Ashyxia” – a seires of 72 infants with birth asphyxia.
2019: 22nd Annual Scientific Congress of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians (SLCP) 2019, 29th to 31st August 2019 at Hotel Cinnamon Grand, No. 77 Galle Rd, Colombo 00300, Sri Lanka.
2018: BPD Masterclass, 3rd May 2018, London, UK
2012: International Symposium on New Technological Advance in Neonatal Diseases 2012, Chongqing, China, June 8-June 10, 2012
Contact the appointments team
Make an enquiry online using this form and one of our team will be in touch. By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by our team. Alternatively, you can contact us.
You don't need a referral from your GP to make an appointment with us.
Contact London Medical
London Medical is located in the Harley Street medical area. Together with top experts across a range of multi-disciplinary fields, we offer the finest facilities for your care, all under one roof.