Dr Olga Kapelloun
Dr Olga Kapellou is a Consultant Paediatrician and Neonatologist.
Dr Olga Kapellou is a Consultant Paediatrician and Neonatologist. She specialised in a number of major London teaching hospitals including Great Ormond Street, Hammersmith, St Mary’s Paddington, Queen Charlotte’s, Chelsea & Westminster and University College London.
She holds a Doctor of Medicine postgraduate degree from Imperial College. Her publications on effects of prematurity on brain growth and development have been cited extensively. She is an expert on preterm and term neonatal brain injury and follow-up of babies after complicated pregnancies and deliveries.
She uses Griffiths Neurodevelopmental Scales to track infant development in outpatients’ clinics. She is a Neonatal Life Support instructor and Unicef trained breast feeding specialist.
Her NHS base is the Homerton Hospital. She was appointed as NHS Consultant at the Homerton Hospital in 2009.
Dr Olga Kapellou does General Paediatric and baby follow up clinics at the Portland hospital Paediatric outpatients, Harley street and the Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth .
Areas of interest
- General Paediatric clinics
- Baby checks
- Feeding problems, colics, excessive crying, food aversion
- Gastroesophageal reflux in babies, cow's milk protein allergy, lactose intolerance
- Constipation,diarrhoea-Tiredness, lack of energy
- Infant neurodevelopmental follow up after complicated pregnancies and deliveries.
- Cough, wheeze, breathing problems-Recurrent fevers, frequent infection-Tonsillitis, glue ear, glands, lymph nodes, lumps
- Griffiths Mental Development Scales to assess neurodevelopmental progress in babies and toddlers