Mr Bishwanath Pal
MBBS MS FRCS FRCOphth
Specialties at a glance
Dr Pal is a globally recognised Retinal Specialist with over 25 years of experience in Ophthalmology. Specialities Include:
- Age-related macular degeneration (Wet and Dry AMD)
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal specialist for second opinion for management of retinal conditions
- Retinal vascular occlusions (CRVO and BRVO)
- Vast experience in management of macular conditions using anti-VEGF injections
- Myopic maculopathy and choroidal neovascularization treatment
- Central serous retinopathy (CSR)
- Macular telangiectasia
- Treatment of retinal conditions using laser
- Photodynamic therapy for CSR and idiopathic polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy
- Uveitis and genetics
- General ophthalmology problems including blepharitis, lid cysts, dry eyes, floaters.
About Dr Pal
As a senior consultant in the medical retina department in Moorfield’s, Dr Pal runs several Medical Renita Clinics, diagnosing, treating, and giving second opinion for patients with exceptional clinical outcomes. He did research funded by the prestigious Wellcome Trust on genetics of retinal diseases.
Dr Pal began his training in 1992, when he did his residency in ophthalmology from GNEC, a premier tertiary referral institute in Delhi, India. He is on the GMC specialist register and has done CCT in ophthalmology from Yorkshire Children’s Services.
His research interest in retinal disease stems from the laboratory work as a prestigious Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Fellow from Leeds University in genetics of rare retinal diseases. Thereafter he furthered his training as a Clinical Fellow in Medical Retina from Moorfields Eye Hospital.
He is known for his outstanding patient care, professionalism, latest research, and evidence-based treatment of retinal conditions.
NHS & Academic Posts
He is the training director of fellows and teaches medical and MSc students at Moorfield’s Eye Hospital NHS foundation Trust and Institute of Ophthalmology.
Dr Pal speaks in English, Hindi, Bengali, and can understand Urdu and Punjabi.
Contact the appointments team
Make an enquiry online using this form and one of our team will be in touch. By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by our team. Alternatively, you can contact us.
You don't need a referral from your GP to make an appointment with us.
Contact London Medical
London Medical is located in the Harley Street medical area. Together with top experts across a range of multi-disciplinary fields, we offer the finest facilities for your care, all under one roof.