London Medical Endocrinology
London Medical provides the most up-to-date procedures for patients – with clinics held by some of the UK’s most renowned specialists.
Expert paediatric endocrinology care for children and young people with hormone disorders.
Paediatric Endocrinology is the care and treatment of children and young people with hormone disorders. Hormones are the body’s chemical messengers. They travel in the blood to help the tissues or organs work effectively. Normally, the body keeps the hormones in a delicate balance. Hormone problems can affect a child’s growth or development at puberty and can have significant effects on a young person’s physical and emotional wellbeing.
London Medical offers specialist endocrinology care from renowned paediatric endocrinologists. The consultants are supported by a team of specialist dieticians, clinical psychologists, and specialist nurses with experience and skills in treating and communicating with young people of all ages.
The specialist endocrinology team at London Medical supports children with hormone disorders from infancy to young adulthood. Older teenagers will be introduced to the adult endocrinologists and specialist nurses and supported to ensure a smooth and comfortable transition.
London Medical provides expert treatment and monitoring for many hormonal conditions for children and adolescents, including:
- Disorders of growth and puberty, including tall and short stature, and disorders of weight and menstrual rhythm
- Disorders of sexual differentiation
- Turner’s syndrome and other short stature skeletal dysplasias
- Adrenal disorders
- Thyroid disease including congenital hypothyroidism
- Neuroendocrine and pituitary related tumours
- Over and underactivity of the pituitary gland
- Endocrine effects of chronic disease and children on steroids treatment
- Late effects of childhood cancer treatment
- Assessment of reproductive capacity
- Metabolic bone disease
- Reduced bone mineralisation
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
London Medical offers a comprehensive range of endocrine tests and investigations for endocrine conditions in children and adolescents, including:
- Thyroid ultrasound and thyroid fine needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodule
- Insulin stress testing
- Glucagon stimulation test
- Dexamethasone suppression tests
- Thyroid function tests
- Pituitary releasing hormone tests
- Synacthen stimulation test
- Assessment of reproductive function
- Osteoporosis markers and bone density
- Day curves of different hormones
- Water deprivation test
A paediatric endocrinologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital and is one of a team of paediatric endocrinologists seeing all endocrine patients at the split site London Centre of Paediatric Endocrinology
Consultant paediatrician with specialist interest in treating diabetes for children and adolescents.
Consultant paediatrician and neonatologist operating in the London area.
Clinical lead for endocrinology and diabetes at Great Ormond Street Hospital. As a paediatrician, he treats patients aged between 0-25 years of age only.
Specialist in child health with positions in Oxford, Great Ormond Street and Guy’s Hospital, London and the Kinderspital Hospital, Zurich.
Our endocrinology specialties
We offer expert care and treatment across a broad range of endocrine disorders and diseases.
Explore our endocrine specialties:
London Medical is located in the Harley Street medical area. Together with top experts across a range of multi-disciplinary fields, we offer the finest facilities for your care, all under one roof.
Book an appointment
You don’t need a referral from your GP to make an appointment with us. Just fill in this form and we’ll quickly get in touch to arrange your visit. *By using this form, you agree with the storage and handling of your data by our team.
Looking to speak with someone?
If you’d like to discuss any of your questions or concerns with someone from our team, you can call our Concierge service. We’ll be very happy to discuss your requirements, recommend the most suitable consultant, give directions or offer any other general assistance you might need.